Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's Your Turn Mommy!

Bedtime used to be something extra special between Stuart, John, and I before precious little Anne came along.  Now they have to wait their turn until I rock Anne to sleep or sometimes their bedtime routine gets cut short if Anne starts crying in her crib.  I absolutely love bedtime with those boys......singing, praying, talking, telling stories, tickling, and on and on and on.  Some nights it takes me 2 hours to get those boys to bed because of course I would wait until they both fell asleep in my arms.  The BEST feeling in the world! 

But a new page has turned in this "Book of Life" and the boys are growing up and have realized how cool, awesome, and special their Daddy truly is.  Bedtime with Daddy is way more fun than Mommy because Daddy has the coolest make believe stories, he can throw kids on the bed, tickles them so hard that they laugh til they cry, and finally he wraps them in his big strong arms til they fall asleep together. 

I knew it would happen someday..........I now have to take "turns" (as Stuart calls it) with Daddy.  Tonight was my turn and now I find myself getting excited when Stuart declares, "Mommy, it's your turn to put me to bed tonight!" with a big grin on his face.  I admit that I wasn't always so excited to put the kids to bed, but now I am starting to realize that things are changing, the kids are growing up, and I am so thankful when "It's my turn!" because it won't be my turn forever.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog! you are such a good mommy for your kiddos! They are all three so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lacie! I am really enjoying blogging. :) Your kid's are precious as well; love seeing their pictures!

    ReplyDelete